About PRIDE FoundationMenu
PRIDE Foundation (Pink Ribbon Deeds) is a charity body that aims to enhance awareness efforts and improve accessibility to treatment and care of breast cancer at all levels of society.
PRIDE was incorporated on 24 May 2006 under the Companies Act (1965) as a non-profit company limited by guarantee governed by a Board of Trustees. The incorporation is a tribute to the late Datin Paduka Seri Endon Mahmood’s courage, resilience and strength in her fight against breast cancer.
Inspired by the London Breast Cancer Care fashion show, both Datin Paduka Seri Endon and her daughter-in-law, Datin Azrene set-up a special purpose committee comprising of volunteers, under the auspices of Yayasan Budi Penyayang, to organize a “Walk with PRIDE” charity gala dinner on 31 July 2005 where breast cancer survivors took to the runway to make a powerful statement that there is life after breast cancer.
It was then, that Datin Azrene realized that there was a need to create sustainable awareness about breast cancer in Malaysia. Hence, the incorporation of PRIDE.
PRIDE is committed in its efforts to create a positive environment where knowledge, treatment and support on breast cancer are readily available to everyone.
PRIDE aims to enhance awareness efforts and improve accessibility of treatment and care of breast cancer at all levels of society.
Some of our objectives include:
- Making information on breast cancer more accessible for all.
- Providing public awareness and education on the importance of early detection and treatment of breast cancer.
- Inspiring and encouraging patients and survivors to lead a full life after breast cancer.
- Providing support for breast cancer treatment and care.
Some of the activities organized by PRIDE Foundation
- Walk with PRIDE – A fashion show showcasing breast cancer survivors in 2005.
- Climb with PRIDE – PRIDE sponsored a breast cancer survivor in her mission to scale Mount Aconcagua in Argentina, 2006. PRIDE also organized Climb with PRIDE – Gunung Kinabalu in 2010, which saw an expedition of 18 climbers including 3 breast cancer survivor scale the mountain.
- Bond with PRIDE – A program that pairs a sponsor with a breast cancer survivor or patient for a day at the spa, aimed at enhancing total wellness of the mind, body and spirit. This event was held in 2007.
- Sail with PRIDE – A sailing event where a group of 4 cancer survivors form a team to represent PRIDE at the Coronation Cup, a curtain raiser to the Monsoon Cup, in November 2007.
- Dance with PRIDE – A line dancing class exclusively for breast cancer survivors, which started in March 2008.
- Breast Cancer Nationwide Awareness Campaign – A nationwide road show from April – August 2008 and October 2009 to March 2010 which aimed to increase the awareness level on breast cancer.
- Ride With PRIDE – An empowerment programme organized for 2011, targeted at breast cancer patients and survivors with their family members, care givers or friends. This event offers the experience of being driven in a supercar by experienced drivers.
- PRIDE Outreach programme – An awareness programme targeting underprivileged women and women in rural areas.
- PRIDE Empowerment workshops and Public and Corporate Talks – PRIDE also organizes empowerment workshops for breast cancer survivors/patients as well as public talks to members of the public and corporate organizations. All our empowerment activities are aimed at conveying the message that there is life after breast cancer.
Apart from these, PRIDE also organizes corporate talks and runs exhibitions for private and government organizations. For more information on this or to have organize a breast cancer awareness talk for your organization, call 03 – 7960 0366
PRIDE’S REACH SO FAR
The map shows PRIDE’s reach via the 2008 And 2009/10 Nationwide Roadshows: